Cashton Record - An Independent Wisconsin Newspaper... Serving The Cashton Area For Over 120 Years!

Letter to the Editor

THE COST OF CUTS IN CLINTON

 

September 28, 2022



If we decide to respond to our 2023 budget crunch by cutting services, we will need to cut roughly $150,000. Road repair, bridge repair, and emergency services make up 93% of our budget. General Governance, the other 7% is virtually fixed. It has been held to bare bones every year. The only item proposed to be raised more than inflation is insurance. The board feels we are grossly under insured. The increase needed is $4,300, 3% of the shortfall. No solution there.

Maintaining our bridges co...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022