New Years Eve fire damages Leon area home
January 6, 2021
The Sparta Area Fire District was dispatched to a reported chimney fire at 19964 Kale Road in the Town of Leon at 1:13 a.m. New Year's Day, January 1, 2021. When Chief Mike Arnold arrived, the chimney fire had spread to the roof of the log home.
Arnold said the homeowner came home around 11:30 p.m. News Year's eve and put some wood in the fireplace and went to bed around 1:00 a.m. he heard a crackling sound and went to investigate and saw flames coming from his chimney and roof area and call...